Payment support: income and expenditure form
Filling in an Income and Expenditure form can help us understand your current financial position and find the best solution we have available to support you. It’s a series of questions about your income and outgoings (such as salary and mortgage payments/rent) to help us assess your circumstances. The form should only take around 10-15 minutes to complete. Filling the form out won’t impact your credit file. However, depending on your circumstances, some of the solutions we offer may. If this is the case, we’ll let you know.
Who needs to fill out and income and expenditure form?
- for credit card payment support, if you’re the main cardholder, you should complete this form
- for loan repayment support, if you’re a joint account holder, you’ll also need to complete the partner income section of the form. You only need to complete one form between you – rather than one per named account holder
- for mortgage repayment support, if you’re a joint account holder, you’ll also need to complete the partner income section of the form. You only need to complete one form between you – rather than one per named account holder
Completing the form
You’ll need to:
- provide basic information about yourself and your current employment status
- detail your current monthly income and expenditure information. If you have a joint debt with another HSBC customer, you’ll also have to provide their income and details of any shared household bills
- be as precise as you can so we get an accurate view of your current financial position
If you’re signed up to Open Banking, you can save time by selecting to have information from your bank statements and bills pre-populated. If you use mobile banking, this process is best completed on your smartphone.
We’ll summarise your income and expenditure information before you submit the form. At this stage you’ll be able to make edits if you wish to change something.
Once you begin filling out the form, your progress will not be saved if you exit, so you must complete the form in one session.
You’ll only need to do this once, even if you hold multiple products with first direct.
Alternatively, if you need to speak to us or need support filling out the form, please contact us on 03 456 100 100
What happens next?
Once you’ve submitted the information, we will contact you within 5 working days to let you know what options are available to you. If you require support it’s important to fill out the income and expenditure form as soon as possible. This will give us time to find the right solution for you.
There’s no need to contact us, we’ll keep you informed every step of the way.